Toxic Bad Guys: 10 Most UNWANTED Ingredients:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (Found in 90% of products that lather)
- Petroleum (cold creams, lipsticks, baby creams, etc.)
- Phthalates (listed under fragrance) - Can be found in plastics, nail polishes, creams, lotions (anything containing fragrance/parfum ingredient)
- Avobenzene (aka: oxybenzone, benzophone, dioxybenzophone or benzophenome-3; and Parsol-1789) Can be found in chemical sunscreens as UVA absorber
- Triethanolamine (EDTA) Found in shampoos, toothpastes, sunscreens, hair color and moisturizers
- Parabens - Found in 75-90% of personal care products
- Diethanolamine (DEA) - Found in creams, shampoos, lotions and other cosmetics
- Propylene Glycol (PG) - Can be found in cake mixes, soft drinks, lotions, creams, baby wipes, shampoos, deodorants and other cosmetics
- Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) - Can be found in most skin cleansers, toothpastes and oven cleaners.
- Formaldehyde Derivatives - (DMDH Hydantoin, Imidazolidinyl Urea) - Can be found in shampoos and cosmetics to prevent molds, mildews and bacteria spoilage.