Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Baby Rattles

I am so excited about our new baby rattles. With all the plastic junk in the market it is so nice to be able to carry a line of wooden toys that is made in the U.S.A. Maple Landmark Woodcraft has been around since 1979. They are a family business dedicated to quality constructed toys and gifts. Companies like Maple Landmark have been doing it right all along. Their rattles are made from select hardwoods. They have non-toxic finishes and they offer a lifetime guarantee. When I think back about all the toys my kids have went through it makes me sad. What if I had bought a quality wooden rattle for my oldest daughter that I could have passed down to my younger two children? I would love to be able to tell my youngest daughter that she was playing with a toy that her older sister had when she was a baby. Although my kids are beyond the rattle stage, I am determined to really think about the purchases that I make. It is hard with a five year old that is bombarded with commercials. She wants everything that she sees on television. It is my job as a parent to teach my children the difference between quality and junk, wants and needs. It is also important that I teach them about the resources that are used to make a product. Our goal as a store is to bring healthier choices to parents. We also strive to find companies that are concerned about their impact on our environment. Maple Landmark is a great example of this mission. Where else do you find toys with a lifetime guarantee?

No comments:

Post a Comment